In the holy-cow-nearly-three-months since I last posted, I have, in no particular order:
- Purchased an abode (!!!)
- Visited 12 states over a span of two-ish weeks (holla atcha, Onward, Indiana!)
- Started drinking the CrossFit Kool-Aid (BRING ME YOUR JARS, FOR I CAN OPEN THEM NOW)
- Cut my hair (twice)
- Saw a cousin graduate (eyyyyyy, Bulldogs!)
- Witnessed a dear friend get hitched (“Toast to the bride: a fairytale ending”)
- Had a miniature adventure on an old joint reserve base with one of my BFFs (we found a bonfire and a four-wheeler and a lawn mower)
- Worked from my phone more than at the office (O technology, how you doth save my vacation time and PTO)
Adventure is out there! Due south, in fact!
Actually, most of that was within the past month-point-five. (I haven’t gotten much sleep, and I’ve been home for only about 24 hours at this point. I don’t sleep in cars, for some reason, and I’ve been banned from eating peanut M&M’s for the foreseeable future.)
Anywho, my braces adventure continues, and, with a little help from InDesign, I hope to have another photo collage ready for your viewing pleasure soon. *fingers crossed* In fact, I have another ortho appointment this week, which will bring with it more pictures (huzzah!).
What have y’all been up to? Any marvelous adventures? Any fantastic frolics? Find any lawn-care machines in wholly unexpected places?
Q: What do the following three things have in common?
- Raw carrot slivers
A: They’re all things I didn’t think I’d eat with braces but I did.
Eat them, that is.
I knowwwwww! And with all that heartbreak over not being able to eat bagels, too. I’m sorta taken aback by my own foodstuff chutzpah. Admittedly, the raw carrot slivers had been marinating in Italian dressing overnight, and I let the Rolos melt on my tongue, and it took me 2.5 hours to eat that darn bagel, but still.
Progress, my friends. Progress.
Sappy non sequitur: Niko and I recently celebrated 365 days of wedded awesomeness. Huzzah! (He’s currently being studious despite my quiet Oasis jam session on the other side of the room. (Any other Be Here Now fans out there?))
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I must go check on my hippie-tastic laundry experiment and wash all this coconut and jojoba oil out of my hair. And Waterpik my teeth.
- What’re your orthodontia accessories? The top rowwwwwwwww of braces.
- Any pain today? Mmnope.
- What sort, would you say? Zero.
- Do you miss anything? Chewing Rolos.
- Looking forward to anything? Seeing my teeth move some more.
- Favorite food of the moment? Scrambled eggs, hands down (or up). Especially with melted cheese (but we’re out of cheeeeeeeese!).
- On the bright side… Still pain-free!